Friday 2 September 2022

Getting to know the Goddess Course 4:2

Goddess-Pages online course. Visit: goddess-pages.co.uk
The Goddess of the Sea

I have always been attracted to the sea. I love the large skies, and the blue of the sea where the horizon meets the blue of the sky. There is a sense of the eternal, and of an everlasting and awesome beauty that is unconquerable by mankind. We can never change that picture.

Aphrodite is not a Goddess I relate to, perhaps her manipulative personality is one I fear. In my childhood 'the Star of the Sea', was Mary, Mother of Jesus, though why she is called this, I have wondered. We had a hymn, that I remember well. Maybe Mary Magdelene should have the  title of ‘star of the sea’ instead.

I did once make a Goddess doll but I buried it in a ceremony. I seem to collect dolls; people give them to me as gifts. Some are very special. I believe some can talk! :-)

We are very lucky that so many ancient artefacts have survived many tens of thousands of years. These earliest of objects made by human hands are statues of the Goddess. It is thought that She was the earliest of deities, and a peaceful, caring society developed under a strong matriarchal society. I would hope that we could look forward to a time when women are once again respected, given power and that men are supportive of this role for women in our world. Maybe the New Age will provide the opening for this to happen. By looking into the past, we can see where patriarchy has made mistakes, in war, materialism which destroys the planet and enslaves other species, does not properly care for children, gives women a second class status. We can address the problems of the future, and I think the Godesss, in all her guises, can help us to do that.



Goddess Equalia by Jocelyn Chaplin
Who is the Goddess today? I think she is an inspiration to women, that they no longer need not try to relate on their most inner levels to a male deity. She is an inner vision of power, intelligence and knowledge. She is the female deity that encompasses all other female deities, many of which have quite male energies as well as female energies. Within her are all the sub personalities. These show us all we can be. My dear friend Jocelyn Chaplin, Healer, Priestess, Teacher and Artist, has written a book about Equalia, Goddess of Equality and rhythms of life, whether they be the rhythms of our body or the rhythms of our planet or the universe in which we live.


I am thanking Geraldine Charles for this wonderful course and the insights and stimulation it provides, in books and articles, poetry, pictures, lots of myths, and Geraldine's vast wealth of experience in this field. I would like to recommend this Goddess Pages Course to anyone who would like to get to know the Goddess more and incorporate her in your life. Wendy Stokes https://wendystokes.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search